Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Teacher's Pet

My shy little Lindsay is a teacher's pet. A Principal's pet to be more precise. Who knew the little one who never says "boo" to anyone she doesn't know, would find a BFF in Laura's school principal?! This is too funny. She has on a few occasions in the past had opportunity to say "hello" to the principal during various school events. A few weeks ago, we saw the principal while we were over playing at the school playground and exchanged niceties with her. Then Tuesday night when Jeremy and the girls were riding their bikes in the school parking lot, Lindsay spotted the principal going into the building. She jumped from her bike (leaving it unattended in the middle of the parking lot) and went flying across the parking lot to catch the principal so she could chat with her. Furthermore, last night Jeremy took L&L to a concert they were having at the school while I went to church. When they got home he reported that she spent the last part of the concert sitting on the Principal's lap. Who knew?

I find this to be hilarious because normally Lindsay doesn't care to say much to anyone, let alone people she doesn't know. Apparently though, she has quite a fondness for the principal. This is causing me a bit of concern because I fear we are going to be asked to leave the neighborhood because our kids have a habit of detaining anyone who may be trying to get any sort of work done. (Oooohhh, Mr. Wilson....)

These kids never cease to surprise me. Or, make a liar out of me. ("Oh, she's really shy and is usually afraid of people".)

Later!

1 comment:

tv said...

Ahhh, too cute! I remember the first time we met Lindsay--she wouldn't look us in the eye or get near us. Then, after we'd been there a couple hours, she climbed into Ken's unsuspecting lap as we sat on the couch. He was sort of like, "What do I do...?!?" So I think she just observes people first. And then she's pretty clear about who she likes! Heeeee!