Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Summer in Review

I am totally copying this idea from my sister. She did this on her blog and I loved seeing what her family did this summer. (Thanks for the idea Beth!) I am also doing a whole scrapbook on this summer's events. Maybe this will get me motivated to work on it! Here it is - the top 10:
1. Laura and Lindsay have shared a room since we've lived here (3 years). We decided to give up the guest room and give each of them their own room. What a mess that was for awhile! She wanted a horse theme and pink of course.

2. We went to West Virginia to Jeremy's mom's family reunion in June.

3. We had a blast in Gatlinburg, TN with our friends at the end of June.
4. Laura took ballet & tap class, Lindsay took ballet, together they took cooking & swim and art & swim at the rec center. They also both completed the Summer Reading Quest at the library. (June - August) ( That's Laura in the black & white.)


5. Laura and Jeremy went to Primary Camp at our Nazarene district campground in June.


6. Our friends all the way from Albuquerque, the Eyinks, came for a weekend visit in July.


7. We went to a Dayton Dragons baseball game in July.


8. Laura and Lindsay spent many hours in their little pool in the back yard. Jeremy is currently trying to grow an 8 foot diameter section of grass back...
9. Our good friends hosted a tye die party for the kids to make their own shirts. It was awesome! (July)
10. In August, we had Vacation Bible School and then left early to head down to our last trip before school started up again. We had so much fun in Washington DC and Virginia Beach.


It was indeed a crazy but VERY fun summer!



4 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

So cute! It sounds like you guys had an awesome summer. I wish I could do the same post, but I didn't do anything this summer since Dan was gone!!! I would only have 2 or 3 things to post! Doh!

tv said...

Yay! You guys are downright summer adventurers. If I did the same post, it'd be 1. graded papers. 2. went to lunch (didn't take pictures). 3. went to Ohio (forgot the camera). So kudos for remembering to document!

Now I'm inspired. I'll have to do tons of fun stuff next summer just so I can do one of these posts! :-p

Beth said...

I greatly enjoyed reading your summer post! All the pictures are so stinking adorable. I'm glad you decided to do a summer in review post! You guys were busy!!

Dave said...

So that's why we never got to see you guys. You were as busy as us.

Look for Beth's post on "Our Fall in Review" coming soon...