Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Four years ago today, my sweet little girl entered this world, sweet, beautiful, startled and without much warning. Her daddy missed it by a few days but we were extremely lucky that her grandma was able to come across the country to be there for the birth. What a crazy time that was! I can't believe how fast time has gone. I can't believe my youngest "baby" is four.


A celebration is in order! Last weekend, Beth, Dave, Karilyn and Heidi were here for a quick weekend visit and we decided that Saturday was the perfect time for a party. Lindsay wanted to have macaroni & cheese (her favorite) and green beans. Jeremy and I decided to add hamburgers, hot dogs, and pasta salad. She wanted blue (her favorite color) icing on her cupcakes. She is really into cats so we had a cat party complete with decorations, plates, napkins, cups, etc.

After our fine meal, we continued the festivities with a pinata. I think the girls had a good time with that and we even managed to break it open and collect the goodies with no injuries. Lindsay opened her gifts. She got a baby buggy from Jeremy and I along with a new outfit (a skirt and leggings since she will only wear skirts these days and an adorable donut shirt) and a stuffed kitty. (She has been wanting a "buggy" for months now.) The Hodges got her a cute Only Hearts doll - kind of like a Barbie but softer and not as "voluptuous" and an extra outfit for her. Laura got her a new Calico Critter for her collection.

She had a really great time and is happy to be four even though I'm sad that she is getting so old so fast.








We are going to take her to Friendly's later today for a meal and ice cream to celebrate her actual birthday.

Sorry for the lack of posting this week. I have been battling a serious case of the lazies and hope to overcome this soon. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Awww, th pictures turned out so cute, I'm glad to see there are none of me. :) The party was a blast! I can't believe she's 4, where did the time go?

I'm glad you finally blogged! Enjoy your barbecued beef!

Love ya!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Happy Birthday to Lindsay!!!!!! I wish we could have been there for your awesome party. I'm sad we missed out.

Crazy that it's been 4 years. You were pregnant with Linds when I met you! Wow has time flown by!

So glad you guys had a good time and I can't wait to see you again!

tv said...

Happy birthday, dear Lindsay, happy birthday to you! The pictures are adorable, and it looks like you guys had a blast. Hug the girls for us!

Kristina said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lindsay! It looks like you all had alot of fun. Wish we were closer so we could celebrate with you. Four years already..WOW!