Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hocking Hills

On Sunday afternoon we took a little road trip up to meet my mom and dad at Hocking Hills State Park. (Crashed their vacation for a little bit.) We had a great time. It was amazing - tons of hiking trails and into these gorgeous caverns and caves. It was like nothing I've ever seen before and I highly recommend going for a new appreciation of the outdoors!

Some of the trails were a bit scary just because one clumsy step could cause you to fall down a cliff and say goodbye to this cruel world. So, keep a very close eye and hand-hold on your children and watch your own step!

You can see the vastness of the rocks in this picture by looking closely -the colored "spots" are people.

Up near the top & center of this photo is a bridge we crossed over to get down inside this area.

Sorry for the blurriness - we had to turn the flash off for anything to show up and that makes it blurry. : (

In one of the little caves - only Daddy would go in there. Grandma and I were a little leery of what creatures might abide in there. I don't think the kids thought about that.

Laura and Lindsay LOVE to see and spend time with their grandparents. That's why I seized the opportunity to crash their vacation for a few hours. I just love this picture! Notice Lindsay's socks. I tried to tell her that they looked funny but she really doesn't care what I think. My friend April calls her "Punky Brewster" for her unique sense of style.

Jeremy and I are already trying to plan our next trip back so he can take his camera and practice up on his photography! This time we just had my little camera.

The rest of the holiday weekend was pretty boring which was fine with me.

Hope everyone else had a great Labor Day weekend!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Isn't the great outdoors just that...Great! I am really happy that you got to do that with Porters. Cool pics! Maybe next time we can meet and I'll show you some deer!

Beth said...

Don't pay any attention to my deer husband...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :) April's right, Lindsay IS Punky Brewster, too funny! Laure looks really cute in the picture in the cave. You and mom were smart not to go it, I think I see a coyote in the back ;).

Love ya!

tv said...

Awww, how fun! I love the pic of your parents & the girls from behind. Those rocks were AMAZING. I can't imagine what they were like in real life. With Jeremy photographing and you scrapbooking, I bet you guys could put together some really fancy memory-maintaining materials!