Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Tooth Fairy Dilemma

Laura has been studying money at school. She decided that she wanted to take her "gold dollar" coin that the tooth fairy left her to school to show her teacher. Deep down, I knew this was a bad idea because she is accident prone and very forgetful. (Traits that drive me CRAZY because I am so not like that. I CANNOT STAND to lose things.) I'm sure you can see where this is going. She lost the gold dollar.

She decided to write the tooth fairy a note regarding the lost dollar and place it under her pillow. At first the tooth fairy was not aware of the note. Once the tooth fairy had been informed of the note (the next night), she took it and read it over. Here it is:In case you may be unfamiliar with first grade scrawl, this is what it says: "I am sorry tooth fairy. I lost my dollar. Can I have another one? Love, your friend, Laura" The second note says: "Tooth Fairy, take this present." The present is an iced animal cookie wrapped in saran wrap. I was informed that only one cookie was needed because the tooth fairy is very small.

What is a tooth fairy to do? She has already been very lenient because the original tooth that the dollar was given for was lost. Yes, Laura lost her lost tooth but the tooth fairy is kind and left a dollar for a non-tooth.

The T.F. stalled around for a few days (Laura checked under her pillow first thing every morning) and finally decided to let her husband handle this one. Last night, the T.F.'s husband decided that this was in order:
It says: "Laura, I was sorry to hear that you lost your tooth and your gold! I am sorry but I cannot give another dollar at this time. But, be sure you look really good next tooth you lose. I will leave an extra surprise for you. Love, Tooth Fairy"

When Laura got the notification this morning, she seemed fine with it. Dilemma solved.

Up next, Lindsay's photo session.

5 comments:

tv said...

LOL! I love the "at this time" stall. Clever T.F.H. (tooth fairy's husband)! How hilarious that she lost the tooth then lost the money for the tooth?

Did Laura notice that the tooth fairy writes like daddy? I remember my first letter from the tooth fairy. I was a suspicious little kid. I was like, "Mommy, the tooth fairy makes her A's the way you do..."

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

This story is hilarious! I actually laugh out loud! How cute is Laura? The wrapped up cookie made the story too :p
I'm glad the T.F.H stuck to his guns and didn't give another dollar! Hopefully she'll learn to be a little more careful!
Can't wait to see Lindsay's pictures!!

Kristina said...

I love it! But I want to know how you stood your ground. I am still not really good at that and I know I would have given in to that sweet note and treat. I'm glad she bought that for now and you will have to let us know what the tooth fairy leaves her next time!

Beth said...

Laura is so cute! What a sweet note, looks like a scrapbook page is in order! I love the 3 yards of saran wrap that she must have used, wouldn't want it to spoil. Did Jeremy eat to cookie?

Your Frand,
Beth

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

Hi Amy! I am so glad you started your blog so I can see what is going on with you and how adorable the girls are! Wow, they have grown. Thanks for adding me to your blog list! Tell Jeremy we said hi. :)