Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I am busy getting ready for a big show this weekend so this post will be short and sweet - a quick overview of our Halloween festivities! We carved pumpkins this week. Actually, Jeremy carved pumpkins - he does an awesome job, he is truly an artist at heart! (The peanut pumpkin made a nice bat. ) Last night was trick or treat night (don't ask me why they never have it on actual Halloween?!) Lindsay was ADAMANT that she wanted to be a cat. Don't tell her - I believe this costume is actually a leopard BUT, it was only $10 and the other cat costume options were a bit more than I wanted to spend for something she would be wearing for an hour. Laura is an equestrian or horse rider in six year old language. Jeremy walked the neighborhood with them and I handed out candy here at home. He said that Lindsay got tired & cold and he carried her for awhile while Laura went to every house she could. She came home with a TON of candy - more than we will ever eat! By the way, why are so many teenagers trick-or-treating these days? Most of the candy I handed out went to teenagers?!?!?

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!



(Do you like Lindsay's choice of (un)matching socks here?)




4 comments:

tv said...

Awwwww, such cuteness! Lindsay's costume is definitely more "cat" than "kitty cat." ;-) And Laura's actually very in fashion--I just bought a pair of Equestrian-style boots. Heeee.

I'm also very impressed by Jeremy's carving skills. That's true talent!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Adorable!!

Dave said...

I think Lindz socks do match, don't they?

Nice Job Jeremy!! Will you do our pumpkins next year?

Beth said...

Love the pumpkins! I see that 6 is the age for getting as much candy as you can! Mine never seem to care about getting much, 4 houses and they're done, but I guess that's what I'll have to look forward to.

How is the fair going? I know you can't answer, but I've been thinking about you and hoping that stuff is flying off the shelves! Ii BETTER be!

Love ya!