Saturday, October 25, 2008

I blame the Berenstain Bears for this...

Okay, so as you know per my previous posts, my house was just a teeny bit disastrous after the busy week of orders I've been working on. After I finished Jimmy's Book of Thoughts and delivered it to the postal service yesterday afternoon, the time had come to begin to tackle some of the disarray of my once neat and comfortable home. I was working on laundry and some tidying in my bedroom for awhile. The girls came in begging me to read them a book and I agreed. I told them each to pick a library book from our stack. Laura selected a chapter from her current Magic Treehouse book and Lindsay returned with this:



We read the books and I went back to my cleaning and folding. Eventually I finished my task and stepped into the hallway to find this:


A FAUX GARAGE SALE IN FULL SWING! SUPER!

Nice. As I've been busy getting lots of household tasks done, my children have been creating a mess of epic proportions. I know there surely must be some moms out there who go through this. You are busy cleaning and making lots of progress on getting the house presentable (feeling really good about yourself and what a great housekeeper you are) while unbeknownst to you, your children have been doing some work of their own. Sometimes it is so frustrating! So much for being a good housekeeper. This is my one reason for having them "help" me clean. Their help is not what I would consider "helpful"; however, at least I know where they are and that they are not making additional messes!

By the way, yes they did destroy their whole rooms in order to find merchandise for their faux garage sales. And yes, they each got merchandise from their own rooms. (Why only make a mess in one room when we could make a mess in both?)

I got multiple requests to come and shop at their faux garage sales which I did finally oblige. I "purchased" a lovely miniature baby doll, a Lion King book, and a Littlest Pet Shop mouse. I remember having faux garage sales when I was a kid. (Beth, I know you are reading this and cracking up.) Why did I torture my mom this way? It certainly has come back to bite me in the you-know-where.

Back to the Berenstain Bears, I believe this faux garage sale plot was hatched during the reading of this book. The Bears have too much stuff & clutter in their home and decided to [not] have a garage sale but give all their no longer needed items away to others in need. I noticed that my children ignored the "moral lesson" and decided to go for the garage sale instead. Thanks Berenstain Bears.

3 comments:

tv said...

LOLOLOL! Hahahaha. Poor Amy. And here I've been thinking that dealing with two MinPins is bad! They know not the destructiveness of human children!

I think that Dave will be happier with this entry. :-)

Oh, and I got a VB backpack and am in the lead for another one. I didn't expect to win the one that came already, so I bid on another. Oh, well, I'll have two for less than the price of a new one. Happy birthday to me. :-)

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

hahah hilarious!! I would have said something to the point of, "Oh! I will take everything in your garage sale! The children in the area who need toys will be so happy that you decided to sell all of this stuff!" ;) Wouldn't that teach them a lesson.

hahah Glad you got SOME cleaning done!

Beth said...

I am cracking up. I see that they have not progressed to setting up tables yet...

I was a little worried there for a minute, and thought that they were ACTUALLY getting rid of some stuff to help those in need. I wondered where I had gone wrong as a mother because it would be the end of the world if I got rid of that happy meal toy we got 3 years ago.

Was their stuff priced fairly? :)

They're so cute, at least they had fun, I guess? I know it was fun!