Thursday, November 6, 2008

I haven't made my first million yet...

but I'm well on my way to being able to purchase a new sweater or maybe a pair of jeans. I'm not sure why I do craft shows. I never make a lot of money. Maybe it's the anticipation of thinking of how much money I COULD make if I sold all of my inventory. Maybe it's the gathering of other crafty people that I enjoy. Maybe I like the curiosity factor - which items will sell? Perhaps it's the thrill of the tasty food present at most shows. (The apple dumpling I had at this show was amazing.)

But, is it worth the 12+ trips back and forth to the van unloading all my fine items and the 12+ trips back loading it all back up, minus of course the few items I sold. Is it worth the money I pay for the booth? Is it worth the stress of getting ready for it all? I don't know but for whatever reason, I have done two shows so far this year and have one more to go. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll hit the jackpot next time...

Here's a few pics of my booth at the first show I did. Sorry they're a little dark. (Much like my profit.)





2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm inspired, I have to go make some stuff to not sell! I know what you mean though, there is a reason we have to like doing it right? When I think of that reason I'll let you know.

tv said...

Your setup looks great, Amy. If I had been wandering around a craftshow in Dayton this past weekend, I would have totally bought stuff from you. After I had an apple dumpling.