Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's apple pickin' time and the "bully"

Okay, so here's what's going on at our house. I have a peach crisp in the oven because I stopped at the Farmer's Market today and bought more peaches. These, to go along with the elderly ones that have been in my fridge for longer than I like to think about. I decided I would make peach crisp to use up my elderly peaches. They still smelled good so I think it will be tasty! I have half an hour until I need to get it out of the oven so here goes...

Laura came home from school yesterday complaining that a kid "Keegan" was mean to her. She said he pushed her and said she talks funny. Of course, my ire was up and I began to envision tripping the troubled lad on his way into school. Today she comes home from school and the first words out of her mouth were that Keegan was mean to her again. He "kicked the leg of her chair" again said she talked funny. She then casually added that he said "I love you" to her. Twice. Hmm, poor unknowing Keegan. Apparently he is fond of her but has a poor way of showing it. Some things are universal I guess. (I no longer wish to trip the confused young lad.)

We have the most gigantic apple tree in our backyard. Every spring it blooms and is just beautiful. Unfortunately all of those beautiful blooms turn into a summer-ful of apple picking-up. For four months we go out every day or every couple days and fill up bags of yucky apples. Jeremy keeps saying we should pick some from the tree and eat them. Maybe we will. In the meantime, he told the girls that he would pay them three cents an apple for every apple they picked up. (Why don't I get paid when I pick up apples???) Laura usually picks up a dollar or less and is bored with it. Lindsay on the other hand, is a workaholic. She picked up four bags full yesterday and earned herself a whopping $9.00 - enough to buy her doll "Lilly" some new clothes today. She is so funny!


I love her!

I'm starting to smell peach crisp and it is smelling delicious. Good, that will make up for the "week in review" dinner we had tonight.

Until next time...

5 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Oh my gosh. That picture of Linds is ADORABLE! Like, I want one for my fridge. It's perfect. I'm also glad to hear she's been picking up apples for you :p Smart girl!

As for Keegan.... what a silly boy. *rolls eyes* First graders are so weird :p

tv said...

CUUUUUUTE. I am about to die of cuteness. *hugs for Linds* I just want to squish her! And you knew that Laura would have admirers because she's beautiful! She's going to break a string of hearts for the next 11 years. ;-)

I like double blog days!

Dave said...

cool blog site :)

Beth said...

Wow, that's a lot of apples!

Beth said...

I love your under the pear tree title! very cute!