Monday, August 18, 2008

Vacation

We had such a nice time on vacation last week. We've been so stinkin' busy since we've been back home that I have only done enough laundry so that I had a pair of shorts to wear. The house should be declared a disaster area. Today is the day though, I must get this chaos under control! First I will leave you with a few photos from vacation.

We left on Friday morning and headed to Washington D.C. We spent the morning of Saturday seeing the monuments. It was A LOT of walking! Lindsay was in the stroller but Laura walked it - she did great.

We arrived in Virginia Beach on Saturday evening. My brother Dan and my sister-in-law Caiti were terrific hosts! They have a big & beautiful new house! We had such a great time with them. Caiti and I enjoyed talking scrapbook and of course shopping for our scrapbook "needs". Dan took us aboard the aircraft carrier where he is stationed, the USS Eisenhower - that was one of my favorite parts of the trip. On Monday we went to the beach. Lindsay was not too impressed after being beat up by the nasty ocean. The rest of us however had so much fun!



My brother Dan - isn't he cute?!




Laura definitely enjoyed the beach!




Lindsay's idea of fun at the beach.


We so rarely get to spend time with my brother Ken and my sister-in-law Valli. Ken works way too many hours for a normal person and of course they live so far away. I really enjoyed seeing them and treasure the time we all got to hang out and laugh together. I was FINALLY able to see their adorable house! Valli is a great decorator. The eight of us spent Tuesday afternoon and evening together and then we spent the night at Ken & Valli's house. We left for home on Wednesday morning.



My brothers and their wives - Caiti, Dan, Valli & Ken. Thanks guys for a terrific time in Virginia! Let's do it again...

Now I'm off to take Laura to get her back-to-school haircut and meet her teacher. Pray for me. I'm having a hard time thinking about her being gone all day. I miss her already!

2 comments:

Evan and Julia Abla said...

I see you've got the etsy shop up. Yeah! I'm not sure how you christen a blog - but I'm glad you're on board. I'll link yours up to mine.

tv said...

Awww, I'm so honored that you think I'm a good decorator, Miss I-Majored-in-Decorating! The pics are priceless, and I really enjoyed hearing the debriefing from the trip. I just redressed the Navy girl doll today because somehow her shirt was on inside out. ;-) Hug the girls for me! And thanks for the thoughtful comments on my blog. Don't worry, I write tons of shallow stuff. I've just been blogging during insomnia bouts, and those are always long and esoteric. ;-)