Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Me too, I wanna play too...

Following the lead of my sisters-in-law, I am going to share seven possibly unknown and probably useless facts about myself...

1. When I was little, my life's goal was to be a cashier. Maybe department store, maybe grocery store, it didn't matter. I wanted the power to scan and total purchases. I was lucky in life and accomplished my goals early. I was a cashier at Toys R Us for three summers and three Christmas seasons during college.

Imagine my pure delight upon discovering self-check outs at Wal-Mart for the first time!

2. I wish I could dance. I love to watch people dance. So far my learning has progressed to taking 10 weeks of swing dance lessons with Jeremy and some really lame attempts at Zumba (latin style dance/exercise/aerobics). This probably explains my obsession with watching "So You Think You Can Dance". (I also enjoy other reality TV shows, much to my husband's dismay.)

3. I am a little nervous about writing this for fear it may happen but... I have never been pulled over by the police.

4. I don't like going to church. It's not that I don't think it's a good idea. It's a great idea and it's important. We should go. I need that time set apart in my week to worship our Lord and have communion with others. For me though, it is stressful. It's overstimulating. It makes me uncomfortable. I especially hate that time in the service when it's time to shake hands with others. I'm bad at "small talk" and find myself saying stupid things out of nervousness. That being said, I always go to church. The only time I skip Sunday morning church is when me or my kids are sick.

5. I over-think things WAY too much. It impairs my ability to make decisions. Sometimes I think I'm crazy. Seriously, who spends as much time as I do deciding which kind of dental floss to buy or if I should wear the pink shirt today or save it for Saturday?

6. I like buying scrapbook supplies more than I like making things with them. I hoard paper and ribbon. I "save" my favorites because I can't bear to use them. I try to remind myself of my sister's philosophy - use it up so you can buy more! : )

7. I am a little obsessed with true crime stories. I am not picky with how I fill this addiction - watching TV shows, movies, books, etc.

Hope everyone is having a great week! Things are quiet here. Laura is adjusting to full day school and I am getting a lot of scrapbooking done with the house a bit quieter and no orders this week.

2 comments:

tv said...

I love your list! I was obsessed with So You Think You Can Dance, too. Also, I've always been embarrassed to admit it, but I LOVE true crime. I sometimes DVR true crimes stories to watch when I can't sleep. But then I suspiciously check out all the hiding places in my house before I go to bed!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I also love your list! I'm so glad you joined in the fun :)
Visit my blog for a little surprise :)