Friday, August 22, 2008

The Evening's Vittles

I love to bake! Occasionally I like to cook. Jeremy does a lot of cooking around here too. Tonight I made homemade pizza. I quite enjoy making the dough for the bread crust in my bread machine. I also made this DELICIOUS buffalo chicken dip. Here is the recipe if you want a taste sensation...

INGREDIENTS
2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks® Red Hot®
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS
Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers.


Jeremy and I can't stop eating it. See, we had to dig in before I even had a chance to get a photo.



Laura's first (half) week is over. She and Lindsay have definitely been tired. (Laura gets a bit psycho when tired - so hyper that it makes my mind numb.) Lindsay has decided to get up in the morning too. This morning she was up before Laura. I'm not sure what is up with this but hopefully it will end soon, preferably Monday morning. Because we told Lindsay she couldn't sleep in bed with Laura anymore because of school starting, she has been getting up in the middle of the night to sleep in bed with Jeremy and I. She has these tiny plastic animals that she always takes to bed with her. (I know, she's odd.) Well, the last couple of days she has been carrying the tiny animals around in two plastic Easter eggs - you know, the kind you use for Easter egg hunts. Then last night she decided that the animals inside the eggs should be placed in a styrofoam egg carton and taken to bed. I'm not sure how many times exactly I was woken up when I rolled onto the egg carton but it was a lot. I can say with certainty that I've never slept with an egg carton before. I'm not sure that I need to do it again.

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

tv said...

Haaa, too cute! I love getting the update on what's going on in your everyday life. Now if only I could muster the energy to make some buffalo chicken dip...

*hugs!*

Jocelyn said...

Hey Amy!! Didn't know you had a blog...found it from your comment on Melissa's blog.

Anyway, speaking of sleeping on "things", Frank woke up yesterday and a Thomas Train was underneath him. So, unfortunately, we can relate.

Hope things are going well your way.