Monday, April 27, 2009

Monkey Business

A friend from church is expecting a sweet baby boy very soon so several ladies from church got together last week for a baby shower. Her "theme" for the baby's bedding is green/blue/brown & monkeys. I created this paper bag album for her based on her bedding. I paper pieced this monkey from a drawing I did after looking at her crib blanket.




I also made advice/blessing "tags" for her shower attenders to write a message on. I have done these for several showers in the past - it is becoming a tradition! You may also remember these dolphin shower tags I made several months ago.

The "front" of the tag is decorated & the "back" of the tag is hand stamped with journaling lines.



And, since you all seemed so concerned about the disaster that is often Lindsay's bedroom, this is what else happens when I'm busy with 8+ orders and doing the above pictured goodies...


This is approximately five loads of laundry waiting to be folded. Not too bad in and of itself except, this was just the start of what needed to be washed/dried/folded/put away. (And, I'm still working on it...)

Finally, it was Jeremy's turn (today) to provide a birthday treat for someone he works with. Unfortunately last night, after he mixed the cake batter, he realized that the only cupcake cups we had were festive Christmas Santa ones. We decided that we should add to the festivity with a variety of holiday sprinkles. We tried to include most major seasons/holidays. You will find he was able to create cupcakes for Christmas, fall, Halloween, Easter, spring, Valentine's Day, and July 4th with sprinkles conveniently located right in my very own kitchen cabinet.


P.S. I have 67 of 72 pages done of my big order. I plan on being done by the weekend. Yeah!

6 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Amy, you are so incredibly talented. I really need to take an "amy class". When is it that we're moving back to Ohio????

amy said...

Caiti,

ASAP - all classes are free! :) Come soon. I'll be waiting...

tv said...

It's awesome that Jeremy was baking and that you guys "made do" with the fun holiday sprinkles. Christmas in April! Also, that's how our laundry always looks. It's never quite clean enough to wear...

Your work is beautiful!

Kristina said...

With your creativity it should not be wasted on doing housework..EVER!! You always seem to amaze me with your newest project. I love the monkey book!!! By the way I can so see Jeremy carrying those cupcakes into work...funny!

Dave said...

Awesome cupcakes Jeremy!!!

Beth said...

I love the album and shower tags! Sooooo Adorable!

And, hey, your bed was made! If I took a picture of our laundry pile, 9 times out of 10 our bed wouldn't be made. :)