Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Circus, circus

We had SUCH A FUN weekend with my parents, sister & brother-in-law, and my nieces! It was so nice to spend some time relaxing, shopping & laughing. Laura & Lindsay had a BLAST at Aunt Beth & Uncle Dave's house which will now be known as Kid Heaven. They LOVED spending time with cousins Karilyn & Heidi!

On Saturday, we all (sans Grandpa 'cause he was working) went to the Shrine Circus. The kids really had fun. Well, sort of. Laura and Karilyn enjoyed it, Lindsay got hot and irritable and went outside to hang out with Daddy for the second half. Heidi slept through most of the second half. They did enjoy going for a pony ride except Heidi who would sooner have her hair pulled out one strand at a time than sit on a pony. According to Laura, riding the pony was her favorite part of the circus and "it was well worth the money". (She paid?) Thanks Uncle Dave for taking us to the circus!

My photos didn't turn out too well - it was dark inside the Civic Center but here are a few...




One of my highlights of the weekend was going to the paper store and filling two huge boxes & a bag with cardstock I will now use and hoard for scrapbooking. (They sell paper by the pound & it's really cheap!) I LOVE going there. I LOVE paper! But now, where, oh where will I put you, you glorious paper???

Now the only bad news of the weekend. I didn't work. I actually took time off (Gasp!) and tried not to think about all I had to do. Now I am feeling behind and overwhelmed and unmotivated. I did finish one of my custom paper bag albums yesterday. Here are some photos:




Next up (I am writing this here so I don't forget!): Laura's baptism photos, Worms, & When Perrys' Met Sally. Next time you hear from me, I better have done some work.

3 comments:

Dave said...

It was our pleasure to take you to the circus! We had tons of fun also. I laughed out loud when I read how you put that Heidi didn't want to ride the pony. I would have said she would rather have walked barefoot across broken glass.

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I want to go to the paper store SOOOO badly!!!!!! I'm jealous!!!!

tv said...

Awww, sounds like the circus was tons of fun. The girls look happy about it. I was all wistful and missing you guys when I heard everyone was in Canton. I'm glad you guys had fun!

And Heidi's smart. Ponies are scary.