Monday, May 4, 2009

New Additions

For years now, the girls have begged to have a pet cat. They would ask us constantly if we could go to the pet store and visit the pets there. Apparently this was not pet enough for these two animal lovers.


I was a bit resistant about the cat thing just because I figured I would do the bulk of the pet care if we ever got one. (By the way, I was right about that...) On a spur-of-the-moment a couple of Saturdays' ago, Jeremy and I decided we would make their wildest seven and four year old dreams come true. I was VERY apprehensive about this - I spend WAY TOO MUCH time analyzing and over analyzing how each and every decision I ever make will affect every aspect of my life. I know, big surprise for those of you who know me well. Anyway, L&L were positively giddy with happiness.

Unfortunately, they had to wait a few days to enjoy "Kipper" because she absolutely refused to come out of hiding. This is what we saw for about the first four days:



She eventually did venture out into our dangerous and very scary house and realized we were friendly. She has since adjusted beautifully and is patient and playful with the girls. She is not a lap cat but is friendly with us nonetheless. One thing I love about her is how sweet & gentle she is. Oh, and in case you were worried, I have adjusted well too. She is actually a breeze to care for and has added a lot of happiness to our home in recent days. (Amazing how easy a cat is to take care of after you've had babies!)



I love this photo of all of them looking out the window longingly!


Yesterday was "Baby Day" at our church & I was "in charge" of putting things together. Baby Day is to meet & get to know a bit better the babies of the church. It is a yearly happening. I made these scrapbook frames as the gifts the parents would receive. I made 22 of them.

Here are most of them in my kitchen:





And here they are at the church:





My big order is finished. Now I am working on several smaller ones and trying to get my house back in some semblance of order after a rip-roarin' garage sale over the weekend. Not really that great but at least less stuff is present in my house!


3 comments:

Kristina said...

I love the frames! Where do you find your time?!?! You are so very talented! By the way it is ok to over analize stuff.. it just means we want to make the right decision! Glad the cat is adjusting (and you) well.

tv said...

Yay for a pet! Kipper is very cute. I bet the girls will enjoy her a lot. Also, your scrapbook frames for the baby dedication are so neat. How special for the parents to be able to take home something handmade.

Are we going to see any pictures of your big order?!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you got a cat :) Cats are awesome (despite what Dan would say...) I'm glad you are enjoying Kipper!!