Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Can't Believe We Won!

This time of the year is so crazy! Our weekends have been jam packed with "events" of all sorts lately. I thought I'd share some of last weekend's events. We kicked off the weekend on Friday night with a trip to Dayton to watch the Dragons play baseball - it was fun! The girls were SO excited - not to watch baseball though, they go for the vittles. Almost immediately upon finding our seats, Lindsay was begging for Dippin' Dots. Jeremy made them wait until the 5th inning. They did finally get their ice cream and then we left in the 8th inning because the girls cannot sit still and were driving us crazy! Hmm. I wonder who won the game?




Isn't this just the greatest family portrait?!?

Saturday consisted of various household duties (cleaning, grocery shopping, yard work, etc.) Jeremy and Lindsay and I drove to the Commissary on base to do our grocery shopping. (Laura was at a friend's house playing.) We are usually too lazy to go all the way to the Commissary and usually prefer to shop at the much closer Krogers. But, we thought it would be fun to take a trip to the base especially because Lindsay LOVES to look at the planes. We got some seriously good deals! I have enough toilet paper, kitty litter and laundry soap to last until 2011. (Not really but the "case lot sale" they were having was unbeatable price-wise!)

Sunday afternoon after church, Laura had an "Ice Cream Social" to attend for school. The girls were really excited and have been looking forward to it for weeks. Laura encouraged me to buy some raffle tickets because the PTO was raffling off some VERY nice items including a kids digital camera, a 20" girls bike and a "Chrissa" American Girl Doll. I purchased $20.00 in raffle tickets because Laura REALLY wanted the doll. Guess who got blessed? I was so shocked I almost peed my pants!




The ice cream lovers:




The balloon release (to wish the first graders well as they move up to their new schools next year) :



And finally, a little scrapping I've done for myself lately (gasp!):

Laura's Baptism:


Last year's Dragons game:


Later folks!


5 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah, I was feeling bad about finding a card display rack and not finding two so you could have one too, but then mom told me about Chrissa and now I'm the one that's jealous. ;) LOL, not really, I'm happy for Laura that she one the doll. Did she go into 3 days of non stop talking about it?

I love the picture of Lindsay eating her dippin dots! Ummmm, dippin dots, I think I'm going to go get something to eat.

tv said...

All the pictures are so precious! I love how excited they were about Dippin Dots. Ken feels the same way about them. And the family pic at the baseball game is especially precious.

I wanted to see big versions of the scrapbook pages, but they didn't get bigger when I clicked on them. But they look super cute from this distance!

Kristina said...

Ok..first I want to say you guys are crazy busy! Then I want to ask did Jeremy approve that picture of him eating ice cream? All the pictures are so very cute.... that doll almost looks like Lindsay.

amy said...

Yes, Jeremy approved the photo. As soon as I get out my camera to capture some fond memories, he does "that" to me. He's special. But I love him. :)

Dave said...

LOVE the pic of Jeremy!!
I always knew he was "special"