Sunday, May 17, 2009

Will you please join me in prayer?

For my sweet friend Melissa and her family? My heart is breaking for this precious family.

I went to college with Melissa and her husband Doug but didn't really get to know them until we moved here from New Mexico four years ago. (I think of them often even though last fall, Melissa & Doug moved to a new area for career reasons.) Melissa is the sweetest friend and mom you could ever know. She loves Jesus with all her heart and seriously, I don't think Melissa could ever say a cross word about ANYone. She is so very kind & gentle. In March 2008, Melissa was diagnosed with lymphoma and has fought a very courageous battle against this terrible cancer. Last Monday, she was given some very devastating news. I can't stop thinking about her and what she is going through. I can't begin to imagine how she is feeling right now. She has three adorable children who need her.

If you want to read her words about the news she was given, or to see the rest of her blog, go here.

I have never been more thankful for my health and that of my husband and children.

Please help me pray for a miracle for my friend. She wants to live and will need a miracle to do so. Please pray also for her husband (Doug) and her children (Caleb, Lauren & Audrey).

Remember to hug those you love often - none of us are promised tomorrow. What we are promised though, is that we are never alone and I am so very thankful for that. God hears us when we humble ourselves and call out to Him.

Thank you for your earnest prayers! God is good!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I read her blog today and cried for her. She is in my thoughts and prayers so much. I can't imagine how hard this is to go through for her, her husband, her kids, and her family.

I have heard of miracles of this new drug she is going to try. People who have had no hope have been healed! I pray this for her. I want her to be able to see her kids grow up.

So I am praying!

tv said...

I am praying, too, and will put her on our prayer list at our Bible study. Awww, seeing her story, her pics of her kids, and hearing that Chris Tomlin song playing in the background--heartbreaking.

Kristina said...

I have been praying for this family since you first told me about them. It is so very heartbreaking, but Melissa seems to be very strong. I too will ask that this drug produce a miracle in her!