Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hey Santa!

Last Saturday we attended "Breakfast with Santa". Life for my kids doesn't get any better than crafts, chocolate chip pancakes, story time and a giant inflatable slide.

When Lindsay sat on Santa's lap, she requested the same thing she's been asking for for months - a crib and high chair for her baby dolls. This has been the only two things she has requested. She has not wavered a bit. The girl knows what she wants. Always. (This is probably why she was so very stubborn about not wearing the overalls...)


Laura, on the other hand, sat on Santa's lap and requested something totally new. An easy bake oven apparently. This girl does NOT know what she wants. She prefers to practice the womanly trait of changing her mind. Often.


What's up with the easy bake oven? This is the first I've heard of this. I hate to tell her but the shopping is done and the shopping was based on previous wish lists. Oh well. Besides, we had an easy bake oven before and I thanked my lucky stars when it got recalled by Hasbro and was replaced with various "The Littlest Pet Shop" toys courtesy of "Hasbro bucks". You won't be seeing any easy bake ovens here on Christmas morning. Shucks!

6 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

0ooooo I loved my easy bake oven! haha Love the pictures of the girls!!!

tv said...

I LOVE Laura's dress in her picture--quite fashionable. :-) And Lindsay's bow is adorable.

You know, the best Christmas gift I remember getting as a kid was a box full of one hundred one-dollar bills. You should see the picture of the moment I opened the box. I was nine. And it took me for-ev-er to spend the money, too, even though I think I bought a Nintendo game with it. That and like 27 pieces of candy. :-)

Hope you guys have a great Christmas and that Santa brings the girls everything they want. He he he.

Dave said...

WAIT! didn't the last Christmas list include something about a baby brother, a pet cat, a cell phone, and a flute????
I can't wait to see what Laura gets now.

Beth said...

Ha ha! Karilyn just asked for an easy bake oven as well... It must be in the air. But, yes, Karilyn is the same way as Laura, she changes her mind constantly, I have no idea what she really wants, I guess everything. Well, she's not getting an easy bake oven.

And I don't care what Heidi wants, she's getting panties or "pampies"! This is actually the gift I'm most excited to give, I can't wait to see the look on her face.

The pictures with Santa are really cute.

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

I just got my Christmas card today and I love it!!! The picture of the girls on the front is adorable (they are so beautiful). Thanks for sending it. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Amy! Of course I remember you silly! I love ya!! I still have that picture frame you made me and it is hanging up in my house. I think about you all the time but had no idea how to get connected. Who knew it would be through a blog? :) Gotta love the small world we live in. What is your email? I would love to really get connected! "Thank you Jesus for this re-connection!"