Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Finished Bedrooms & Math Equations

Finally, here are the photos of the finished bedrooms (except for painting the doors and adding knobs to the closet doors). We are getting there! My mom & dad were here last weekend to help us again. Dad finished the bathroom and mom did a bunch of landscaping work outside.









On another note, I think it is hard being a mother of three. I don't have enough hands or ears to go around. For all you mothers of three (or more) out there, how do you handle three crying kids at a time???

Here is my most frustrating moment of the day yesterday:

The school calls. Laura's teacher is on the phone. Laura is very upset & crying because she has spilled blackberries all over her shoes. She is in the bathroom trying to wipe them off. Is it possible for me to bring another pair of shoes. I, of course, agree that that would be best. I had just gotten out of the shower. Lindsay was not dressed. I tell Lindsay to get dressed and I hear Nathan waking up from a short nap. He is crying so I go to get him. While I am getting him ready to go, I hear Lindsay wailing from her room. She is frustrated because she cannot get her Polly Pocket dressed. Everyone is crying (except me who should be) and I am only one person. We eventually got our act together and made it to the school with clean(er) shoes.

Having three kids is definitely harder than having two! I'm making it though. Somehow we always get through those moments when I just want to scream!

Here is my little reward from today:


I love the "blackberries + lunch = dirty shoe"! Hilarious!

I love being a mom!

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Very cute!!!! Love the rooms and the reward!! Just remeber to take deep breaths and say this too shall pass....and remeber that these days will go by so quickly...enjoy? them while you can. The true reward will be when they are all grown and raisng a family of their own...and handling life's crazies like we did! You are a great mom for taking her shoes.....made her day!!!

Dave said...

I TOLD you so!!!! but you went ahead and did it anyway.

Beth said...

First of all, I don't know how I missed this post, you'd think with all my obsessive checking every few hours that I wouldn't have missed it.

Second, Don't listen to Dave! He may seem to think that he knows what a mother might go through, but he doesn't. He is NOT a mother, and he apparently doesn't appreciate what I, or any other mother, does. Okay, I'm done with my rant about Dave. I felt entitled though, because it bothers me everytime he says that.

Moving on, their rooms are ADORABLE! I was so excited to see the end result! I love them!

Okay, how exactly did Laura get blackberries all over her shoes? Those moments make me want to hide in my closet with my fingers in my ears softly humming.

I loved Laura's note!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Amy,
dav'vero avere 3 figli non deve essere affatto facile, ma se hai superato il tornado della tua casa completamente da rifare ( ed è magnifica ! ) riuscirai anche a superare la difficoltà di doverti sdoppiare in 3.
Sei sicuramte una ragazza combattiva !!
Grande.
Le tue figlie sono deliziose :-)
Happy days.

Dave said...

Beth, it was meant to be a joke haha you know....oh yeah and the bedrooms look AWESOME!!!

tv said...

The rooms are so adorable! And I'm so sorry to hear about the three crying kids at one time. Yikes, I can't imagine the craziness of Saturday every day!

Loved seeing you guys. It's always too long in between. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Just came across your blog...
I love the pictures of your finished bedrooms..I love the little black kitty!
I am the mom of one and I thought I had my hands full:)



http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rayvenwoodmanor
http://rayvenwoodmanor.blogspot.com