Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Aaaaarrrrrrrrhhhhh!

Aye, mateys! We celebrated Jeremy's 33rd birthday on Monday with a pirate party - Laura insisted. She LOVES to plan parties and must have all the proper trimmings. She begged me to buy hats and balloons. Then streamers. Then decorations. She planned games including pirate tic-tac-toe. Instead of X's & O's, she made scary pirate faces and cross bones.

Here we aaarrrhhh~


I know you may think Martha Stewart made this absolutely gorgeous cake, but it is me that will awe you with my prowess in the kitchen...


This picture is hideous but he insisted we needed one of us with our festive treasure party hats.




Happy Birthday babe! We love you!

I took on a HUGE custom order this week - 70 premade pages. Yikes! It will take me 2-3 months to finish and I'm feeling overwhelmed! One of the pages that was ordered was a cucumber themed layout. I paper pieced cucumbers to put on it - kinda fun. Thought I'd share...




Finally a bonus: ways to entertain yourself. With balloons. After a super exciting pirate party...




Yes, we realize we are incredibly dorky and need to get out more. Thanks for your concern.

9 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I love this post! you have such an adorable family. I miss you guys so much!!! Happy Belated Birthday Jeremy!!!

Beth said...

I did realize you guys were expecting, I see you've decided to go the Thomas Beatie route. Good idea, I wish I'd done the same thing.

tv said...

Loves it! Happy birthday, Jeremy! Sorry we missed it. I love all your family fun and family pics. The cucumber page is so cute.

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

How cute! I love all the photos, it's so fun to see what you guys are up to. Please tell Jeremy we said hello!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Yes, I was there when they hatched!!! I was sort of stalking them all day since I knew they'd be hatching. I got to watch both eggs! It happened so fast that I couldn't get a lot of pictures, but I think the ones I got were pretty cool!

We will keep the chicks until Friday. One of the other teachers will take them to the 4-H club that we got them from. I wish I could keep them!!! I'd probably kill them so I guess it's a good thing I can't :)

Dave said...

nice dorky pics but funny. Happy 33 Jeremy, now you and Amy are both older than me again. haha
See you next weekend!

Beth said...

Were they ever not older than you, Dave?

Dave said...

well Beth, they sometimes are the same age as me.

Kristina said...

I so love that Laura is the little party planner!!! Looks like you guys had a little to much fun... what did you put in the cake...by the way tell Jeremy Happy Birthday..Late.