Friday, January 9, 2009

I know, I know...

Christmas is over. BUT, I haven't had a chance to post any photos yet and still wanted to. We had a wonderful Christmas. We stayed home and enjoyed every minute! Christmas Eve was spent just hanging out as a family. We watched our favorite Christmas movies together and had some of our traditional favorite snacks (summer sausage, cheese & crackers, EZ Cheez for Laura, Christmas cookies, buffalo chicken dip). We were planning on going to the Christmas Eve service at church but poor Lindsay fell asleep about 5:45, just before we should have been walking out the door. We decided to stay home and let her sleep. (Never wake a sleeping Lindsay). The three of us still awake opened our one gift reserved for Christmas Eve - new jammies. Then Daddy read the Christmas story from the Bible. Laura headed to bed and Jeremy and I put out the rest of the gifts.
Christmas morning, Laura came in to wake us up about 8:00. Since Lindsay was unavailable the night before for our Christmas Eve photo, I made everyone get their picture taken before we opened gifts. They were thrilled as you can imagine.

I did finally let them open their gifts. Laura ripped through hers in record speed. Lindsay on the other hand, took her time. The first one she opened was a baby doll with outfits that she threw a fit over at Kohl's one day. (She literally threw a fit - the first and only time she has done that to me in a store. What the???) She was perfectly satisfied to play with that all day. As you can see she also received her long awaited crib for her babies. Some of Laura's favorite gifts were a guitar, a new Razor scooter, and a Littlest Pet Shop VIP pet horse.



Jeremy and I cooked together - something else that has become a tradition on Christmas day. We made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, green beans, cauliflower, made from scratch rolls, deviled eggs, and key lime cheesecake pie. It was delicious! : )

I only wish Christmas could last a little longer.



P.S. Did anyone else notice I talked a lot about food in this blog entry? Yeah, I've been busy eating this holiday season. My body certainly noticed... back to exercising and eating reasonably now...

P.P.S. Oh yeah, and another big deal. Jeremy and I celebrated 11 years of being married on December 27th. I love you babe!

6 comments:

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

I love the first photo! I like how Lindsay is looking at you all like your crazy :) Congratulations on your anniversary!

tv said...

Awww, thanks for the Christmas update. It makes me feel close to you guys even though we were very, very far away at the time! All the pics are adorable.

And happy anniversary! I am still sad I missed your wedding. Congratulations, over a decade as husband and wife. Keep it up. ;-)

Dave said...

It's OK that you posted in January. Since nobody got to see your family at all around Christmas this year. :) That is alot of food, I know where we are going next year for Christmas!!

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Wow, 11 years!!!! Congrats!!! I absolutely love the look Lindsay is giving you guys in the first family picture. Classic :)

Kristina said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. I am suprised you still got the girls to wear matching dresses...your days are numbered!

Beth said...

Are those new pajama pants you are wearing? I think I have to same ones. hehe

I've got to stop being last to respond, everyone has already said everything...

Happy anniversary,
love the first pic of Lindsay,
Cute dresses,
Glad you had a nice Christmas,
etc.