Thursday, January 15, 2009

sNOw FUN

Finally, we have snow! We took the kids sledding yesterday since we had been promising them we would when we finally got some snow. Jeremy, Laura and I had a lot of fun. Poor Lindsay was terrified after a few mishaps near the brush & creek at the bottom of the hill (not her mishaps, Laura's). She didn't want to sled anymore after she witnessed Laura streaking backwards straight into a bunch of brush/sticks and then screaming at the top of her lungs. She wasn't actually hurt, I think it just scared her. Anyway, that was enough for poor FREEZING Lindsay. I think next time we will find a hill more suitable for wimps. : )




5 comments:

tv said...

Awww, super cute pics, especially that last one! Poor Lindsay!

By the way, I was walking Bailey today, and I stopped so the neighbor kids could pet her, and they MANHANDLED her. The five-year-old girl hugged Bailey so tightly it subdued her, and Bailey just let them hug and stroke her nose. Next time we'll have to teach L&L to be more...mean. :-)

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Amazing pictures. Your girls are so adorable. I'm also very jealous of your snow :(

Dave said...

Who took the cool pic of all 4 of you laying down? That is cool! I think Karilyn was like that last year, she got cold and only went down the hill 2 times and then it was back to the van for hot chocolate. mmmmm Did you take any hot chocolate to warm you up afterwards?

amy said...

Dave,

Jeremy held the camera up & took the photo of the four of us per my demand. Can you tell how happy Lindsay was about it?!

I of course can't have hot chocolate but I think that's my kids' favorite part of "going outside".

Beth said...

Yum, Dave's going to go make me some hot chocolate now that he brought it up.

Awesome pictures, we haven't been sledding yet. It's too COLD! The temp was negative 12 this morning here, and that didn't include the wind chill factor. It's so cold it hurts.

I was reading up on proper pruning techniques, I know real exciting, anyway, the proper time to prune grapes is right now. I think I'll be waiting a few weeks! Anyway, I know how Lindsay feels, COLD!