Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's GREAT to be EIGHT!

My sweet girl Laura turned EIGHT years old on December 29th. Her grandparents (the Perrys') came to celebrate with us. I can hardly believe that I have an eight year old!

We have recently had some struggles with real life issues and things have been tough for her and with her. I am finding that parenting never does get easier! She is certainly much more independent of me than ever before but at the same time, she needs my mental and emotional energy more than ever. I am so proud of her for doing so well in school, for always being so generous and loving with her little sister, for helping me out around the house, for choosing to follow Jesus with all her heart. My one wish - that she would clean up her bedroom!

She wanted homemade pizza, salad, and ice cream cake for her birthday. She got clothes, some accessories for Kit, her American Girl doll, and money. She is saving her money for another American Girl doll.

She is REALLY curious about the baby. I'm sure you can imagine the questions that have come up so far. One night after one of our question & answer sessions, she said this to me before going to bed, "Mom, thanks for talking to me about the placenta." Too funny! I'm sure once HE is here, there will be even more questions.

She is also asking me every day what we are going to name him. If only we knew... We can't seem to find the "perfect" name. I'm sure we eventually will. We have decided that naming girls is MUCH easier than naming boys!

I'll be back soon with the latest photos of our addition progress.

Big fat round hugs to all!




4 comments:

tv said...

Awww, happy (belated) birthday, Laura! It IS really hard to believe she's 8, Amy. It seems like only yesterday we were all passing the cell phone around the Amish Door to congratulate you and Jeremy on her birth. We miss you guys!

Dave said...

Happy Birthday Laura! Wish we can come down soon but we are supposed to get a foot of snow in the next 2 days.

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

SO CUTE! I want some of that homemade pizza. Tell Laura happy birthday for us. I can't believe our kids are getting so old now. Noah will be 9 in less then 3 months! :)

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Come si chiama la sua dolls ?