Sunday, January 17, 2010

Foundation

As I mentioned in my last post, things are moving along with the addition. First of all, I do have my bathroom (and hall & partially my storage closet) back. The builder, foundation experts, and plumbers have all been busy outside instead of inside the house now.

The first thing we had to have done was have our electric lines moved since they ran smack dab through the middle of where we are building. After those were moved, they started the foundation work. Before they could finish the foundation, the plumbers had to plumb our new water and sewer lines for the new bathroom and laundry room. This week they will pour the rest of the foundation and begin framing.

We are so excited for the framing stage! I'll post photos of that soon. (The photos below were taken over about a week & a half period. The last photo was taken this afternoon - you'll see the white plumbing pipes sticking up.)


I forgot to add, Lindsay has been fascinated by the process so far. She has informed me that she wants to be a backhoe operator or concrete truck driver/operator when she grows up. She LOVES to go out and watch what the guys are doing even when it's been 10-15 degrees outside. I, on the other hand, prefer to stay inside in the warmth and step out occasionally and take a photo!

2 comments:

tv said...

Crazy, but exciting! Love seeing the progress. Milkshake would make a cute backhoe operator. :-)

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hello Amy,
in quale città vivi ?