Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fantastic FIVE!

Dear readers, I do apologize for my gross neglect of this enthralling blog. In my state of pregnancy-induced can't-remove-myself-from-the-couch fatigue, I have found it too much work of late to eject the CF card from the camera, insert it into my computer, select photos and post them here. I am feeling much better in recent days and am no longer napping to make it through the day SO...

Lindsay turned FIVE on the 27th of September. We met her Grandparents Perry (halfway between their house and ours) for lunch and some shopping on Saturday. Lindsay decided to spend her birthday money on a Fisher Price digital camera and some play-doh. She selected her favorite place to eat for lunch, Steak-N-Shake. Fun times!

On Sunday, after church, we dined on her choice of birthday meal with a little help from people who actually eat food (Mom & Dad). She wanted chicken nuggets (just about the only meat she'll eat), mac-n-cheese (not the real stuff, only Kraft will do) and green beans (the only green food she'll eat). We edited her menu with baked chicken instead. (She did eat some.) Yes, she is about as picky as they come. If only we were all as picky as her, we'd be skinny too. :)

She opened her presents (a baby doll that really cries and a kitty outfit) and we had cake & ice cream. It was a simple celebration but we enjoyed family times like these really are priceless. I love these times!

Her hair is getting SO long. We are going to donate it to "Locks of Love" in the near future but she needs a 10 inch ponytail. She has a 10 inch ponytail but it wouldn't leave her with much so we're waiting just a bit longer.

My first craft show is this Saturday and my whole card rack is filled except for two spots which I will be filling in the next few days. See, I haven't been sleeping all the time.

I'll be posting again soon about "The Little Politician", family pictures and Laura's school photo.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay! Sorry your Auntie Beth didn't get your present to you yet. Who knew my phone wouldn't work -to call grandma to make sure she'll bring it- out in the middle of Carrol county.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Amy!!

tv said...

Awww, happy birthday, Lindsay! Sorry we missed it! I always forget she's so close to Ken's birthday. I can't believe how big she is. It sounds like her celebrations were perfect. :-)

By my calculations, you should be into your second trimester now, right? Has the sickness abated? I need to call you and catch up, but I have this issue staying awake long enough to do anything besides go to work...

Dave said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay!
Cute matching dresses.