Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My $10 Find

Last time I was visiting my mom & sis, we happened upon a garage sale that had a rather haphazard looking card rack for sale. The seller wanted $10 for it but I wasn't sure - it was in need of a good cleaning and a new paint job, etc. She wouldn't take "no" for an answer and you know me, I of course, bought it whether I wanted it or not. (PUSHOVER.) Anyway, I brought it home and cleaned it up and Jeremy helped me by giving it a coat of spray paint. It actually looks pretty good. Not bad for $10.00.

I have decided to do at least one craft show this year. My goal is to get this rack FILLED with cards. It has 72 slots. So far I have made 18 differenet designs (which means I'm 1/4 done). I have until October 17th to finish the rest. My goal is to make at least one card design per day. Most days I've been making more than one design. I'll keep you posted on my progress...

(You can see Lindsay made some cards for my rack also.)




3 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

I'm so jealous!!! you and Beth both got awesome card racks for cheap :(

Good luck filling it up!

Beth said...

I love it! It's so happy looking with your cards in it! Filling up cheep cars racks is a good pregnancy activity. ;-)

Dave said...

Glad you like it now since you weren't sure when you bought it.