Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Summer is officially over. Today was my sweet girl's first day of second grade. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up. I didn't get the best photos this morning because the bus came SIX minutes early. What is up with that??? We had to run up the street to her bus stop and then I didn't even have time to say good-bye. I was so sad , I had to come back home and cry. :(

Anyway, here's what I got...





Picture me running down the sidewalk, camera in hand, trying to take the photo below!



Lindsay and I counted down the hours 'til sissy came back home. She was missed so much! Daddy came home from work early to see her get off the bus - a yearly tradition on the first day of school. As soon as she got to the sidewalk, Lindsay gave her the hugest hug!



Laura said her new school was "awesome". I was relieved because she is attending a new school this year. The last two years she was in a K-1 building. Her new school is grades 2-5 (and not next door anymore).

We have another BIG change coming to our family. Coming in the form of a new baby. We expect to see our newest (and final) addition on or about April 3, 2010. The girls are thrilled. Jeremy is thrilled. I might be thrilled later. When I'm not sick. When I'm not so tired I have to take two naps a day. For now, I'm still kind of shocked and scared to be doing this again!

I think that's enough change for now. Later!

4 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to tell you earlier, but didn't want to let the secret out :) I'm so so so excited for you guys!!!!


I can't believe Laura is SO big!!! 2nd grade.... wow.

What's Linds doing these days?

Kristina said...

Hey I vote for the 3rd for sure!LOL

tv said...

Yay! Laura was super cute in her pictures. Crazy to think that by the time Lindsay goes to school, you're going to have another baby totting around! ;-) Congratulations to you all. I'm so happy to hear L&L&J are all excited.

I am praying for you, that your nausea may pass quickly and you will be onto better things (aka the second trimester! ha ha). I'm not gonna lie, I'm 18 weeks and still puking several times a week. Sigh. So you will have true empathy from this corner. :-)

Love you!

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

Oh my gosh Amy!!! Congratulations! I am SO happy for you. I still remember when you told me you were pregnant with Lindsay at church and I was balling my eyes out. Oh how I wish I could be there to take your maternity and newborn photos! LOVE YA :)