Thursday, August 20, 2009

Horsin' Around

I've been a lame blogger lately. Sorry. Summer seems to get so crazy - lack of routines, spur-of-the-moment activities, weekend trips, busy home business!

Since school will be starting next week, I am hoping to return to a more normal schedule/routine. I thought I'd share some more photos of our summer before school. Laura says she is excited to start school. I, on the other hand, am not excited at all! I have LOVED having both of them home all day during the summer. We've had so much fun and I have truly savored hearing the sounds of their laughter and watching their creative escapades. We've rarely turned on the television this summer and it's been fun to watch them come up with so many fun activities to keep themselves occupied. I am absolutely going to miss this.

Laura attended "Horse Camp" during the last week of June/first week of July. She and her fellow campers performed a show for parents on the last day. Laura had the time of her life! She cannot get enough of horses. She is already looking forward to going again next year. Lindsay really wanted to go to horse camp too. (Next year she'll be old enough.) It was hard to drag her out of the barn each day after dropping Laura off. Bribery = parents' best friend.


My cat lover - she LOVES cats! I was worried it had fleas but if it did, we didn't catch any. :)

Be back soon with more photos!

2 comments:

tv said...

Awww, adorable! I can't believe the girls are getting so big! Tell Laura I think she's really brave--I'm still scared of horses, and I'm 28. (I'm also allergic to them, but never mind that.) I love to hear what you guys are doing...I've missed that this summer. So you better add some regular blogging into that fall schedule, okay? ;-)

Love you guys!

Bethany Dawn Burns said...

Yay! A new post. The photos are adorable!!! Looks like you might have to get a horse. :)