Friday, July 23, 2010

Christmas in July

I just had to take some photos of this! My girls were having some kind of Christmas "show" this week. I went to see what they were doing and happened upon this. They created a Christmas display(s) in the landing of our stairs.

I LOVE this one that Laura created. It is a Nativity scene, complete with Polly Pockets (Joseph & Mary), a Baby in my Pocket (baby Jesus) and Pet Shop animals - lamb, pig & cow.



(You may notice the now filled but yet to be painted holes in the baseboard.)

There were also dolls & Polly Pockets dressed in their finest Christmas frocks. There was a Christmas tree with a revolving Pet Shop mouse (wearing a scarf) on a sled. (I was given a demonstration of how that worked).

I am going to miss these girls when they go back to school in a few short weeks. I LOVE seeing all the things they come up with to do! They have such great imaginations!

4 comments:

Dave said...

That is too funny and cute!

tv said...

Yay, I love that they have the Christmas spirit all year round! It's too sweet that Laura made the nativity scene. I have a Mikasa one that we got for a wedding present that I leave out all year round. So tell her that her Aunt Valli is a nativity fan, too. :-) It's hard to believe that BOTH of them will be going to school...but at least Lindsay will be only part-time! What are you going to do all day with only Nathan? Scrapbook? Oh, that's right, you'll still have no hands available, at least for awhile... ;-)

lou said...

itis so grest to have an imagination one of life gifts i have aspergers which is a form of autism and supposed to have difficulty with this but my head just buzzes with words i would do iseanything to come and play or maybe not

Unknown said...

Seriously cute Shrine