Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Little Author

I already missed my goal of posting every day. That didn't take long...

The week before school was out Laura's class hosted an "Author's Celebration". Lindsay and I were able to go and check out the books Laura had written. Laura even got up in front of everyone and read a poem she wrote. We couldn't really hear her but she was brave to do it! Lindsay LOVED being there with the "big kids" and was fascinated watching them!

Here are a couple photos of Laura reading one of the (non-fiction) books she wrote, "Hummingbirds".
This is my favorite book she wrote - I think it is hilarious!

It is called "When I Got Sick" (very fitting since we seemed to do a lot of that in 1st grade).


(Notice the doctor implements on the cover.)


"I got strep throat then it got worse."

"I had scarlatina. I had to go to the doctor's."


"I had to take disgusting medicine."


"I had to miss one week of school."


"But I am better."

I love this!

3 comments:

The Crazy Life of a Navy Wife said...

Adorable!!! She's a very good writer :) I can't believe she's a 2nd grader!!!!!!

Dave said...

That was such a great book that I couldn't tell it from her Aunt Valli's writing!

tv said...

Love it! You have to keep those and display them at her high school graduation party. They will be a hit! ;-)